271. Monetary Reform + Basic Income = World Change
If we only focus on advocating the provision of a basic income, but ignore how Money comes to creation: we only get halfway the road to actual economic change. A fusion of monetary reform and basic income is a more democratic way to create a solid foundation to guarantee our human rights. We Can create the money, we just have to learn why we haven’t done this before.
“Most advocates for Basic Income envisage that it would come from corporate taxes, wealth tax, military spending cuts and so on. That can lead to a range of criticisms. But there is another way to get the money – by issuing it in the first place by fiat, as a Basic Income.
Most new money is issued now is into property bubbles, speculation in derivatives, or the military, none of which much benefits the working or middle classes. It can be argued that Basic Income is the democratic way to issue money, because citizens would decide through their spending which enterprises would benefit from the new money. “ – Jem Bendell, Money and Society MOOC
Can’t Miss this MOOC by Matthew Slater and Jem Bendell – 100% Recommendable!
Institute for Leadership and Sustainability: Money and Society MOOC – starts again in February 2016! http://iflas.blogspot.fi/2014/12/money-and-society-mooc.html
· IFLAS – Money and Society MOOC trailer
- The Future of Finance, Rebuild21 by Jem Bendell
- Money and Society: A new online course explores the meaning of money
· Why doesn’t the Media understand Money? (Conference 2013)
Mentioned Q&A session with Guy Standing
- Guy Standing, co-founder of BIEN, the Basic Income Earth Network, promoting a basic income as a human right. https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/3lb2jf/guy_standing_cofounder_of_bien_the_basic_income/
To guarantee our basic living rights and create a regenerative economic system that includes the provision of a Guaranteed Living Income:
#MoneyAndSociety #MOOC #Money #MoneyCreation #AlternativeCurrencies #Democracy #BasicIncome #HowToFundBasicIncome #LivingIncome #SocialResponsibility #WorldChange #IFLAS #MonetaryReform #PositiveMoney #MonetaryActivism #Community #Trust #Democracy #Integrity